Monday, October 03, 2005

Relief In Sight?

I feel a tiny step closer to the American Dream tonight.

A few months ago, I sat down with a close relative from another part of the country to try and explain the SoCal housing market. I used the following example to illustrate the absurdity of what is
happening here:
  • One bedroom, one bath
  • 900 square feet
  • Build in the 1940’s
  • Listed for $839,000

She said to me, “Why would a rich person buy that house?” I said, “They don't."

Then I went and found solace and inspiration here.

On an unrelated point, I listened to the new Sheryl Crow CD this weekend. Two good songs: "Good is Good" and "I Know Why". The rest is so dreary that after listening to the album in its entirely I was in a depressive state so serious that even Depeche Mode could have rescued me. Don't say I didn't warn you.


1 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger SEO Speaker said...

Hey Prosperette-Welcome to the journey! I don't think your situation is embarassing-maybe a little inconvenient but you strike me as one who will make it happen. How about considering maybe even 3% into your 401k just to pick up some match? Glad to hear u have some investment real estate. Best wishes, Steve

 

Post a Comment

<< Home